Union Gas Home Reno Rebate – Real Energy Efficiency
Home Reno Rebate Program – Planning renovations or upgrades to your Windsor area home in the near future? The Home Reno Rebate Program is now enhanced with the Green Investment Fund from the Ontario Government, which means higher rebates for you! Outfit your home with the right renovations to make it more energy efficient, and you could be eligible for up to $5,000 in rebates from Union Gas! We service Windsor, Amherstburg, Belle River, Essex, Kingsville, LaSalle, Leamington, Stoney Point, Tecumseh, Tilbury, Wheatley and some parts of Kent County.
Contact Us or call us at 519-734-8978 with any questions you may have.
How can energy-efficient upgrades help you save?
There are 3 simple ways that outfitting your home with energy saving upgrades can help you save:
- Save money now
Improve the energy efficiency of your home and get up to $5,000 of your renovation costs back.
- Save money later
Increased energy efficiency will decrease your energy bill by up to 20% every year.
- Increase the value of your home
An energy-efficient home is more attractive to future buyers.
Our Home Reno Rebate Program Service Area:
Urban Heating and Cooling serves the Windsor/Essex County market including but not limited to: Windsor, Amherstburg, Belle River, Essex, Kingsville, LaSalle, Leamington, Stoney Point, Tecumseh, Tilbury, Wheatley and some parts of Kent County.
How can I get started?
Looking to make the most of the Home Reno Rebate Program? Here’s how you can do it:
- BEFORE starting any renovations, call a BuyWise Registered Energy Advisor.
- Our energy advisors will advise you on your upgrades and help you make sure you meet the qualifications.
- Your Registered Energy Advisor will complete a pre-renovation energy assessment of your home’s current energy use and generate a customized report explaining which upgrades will improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Complete at least TWO of the eligible upgrades – complete the work yourself or hire a contractor of your choosing.
- AFTER the renovation call a BuyWise Registered Energy Advisor to complete a final assessment within 120 days of your initial assessment. Your energy advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Enbridge.
- Then sit back in the comfort of your upgraded home and your rebate cheque will arrive within 120 days of submission.
How to qualify:
Does your next project qualify for a Home Reno Rebate from Union Gas? Find out here.
You need to:
- Own a detached or semi detached home, row/town house, or mobile home.
- You are a current Enbridge customer.
- Your house is currently heated by a natural gas furnace or boiler.
- You must complete an energy assessment both before & after renovations.
What are the eligible Insulation/Sealing Rebates?
Up to $550 reimbursement of assessment fees
$150 for achieving 10% or more above target
$100 for achieving target
Windows & Doors
$40 per window or door structural opening or skylight, replaced with ENERGY STAR Zone 2 or 3 qualified model
$200 Replace existing natural gas water heater with 0.80 EF or higher tank type ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas water heater
$200 Replace existing natural gas water heater with 0.90 EF or higher tankless type ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas water heater
$500 for qualifying 96% AFUE or higher furnace
$1000 for qualifying 90% AFUE or higher boiler
A minimum of one additional measure (3 in total) is required to qualify for Furnaces. Boilers require only 2 measures to qualify.
$500 Increase attic insulation from R35 or less to at least R60
$500 Increase cathedral/flat roof insulation by at least R14
Rebates only available to qualifying Enbridge customers
$1,000 to add R23
$500 to add R12
$800 to add R23 to all crawlspace walls
$400 to add at least R10 to all crawlspace walls
$450 to add at least R24 to 100% of floor above
Min. 20% of total wall area must be upgraded. Rebates pro-rated based on the total area % upgraded.
Exterior Wall Insulation
$1,500 Add at least R9 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
$1,000 Add at least R3.8 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
$2,000 Add at least R20 to 100% of building
Min. 20% of total wall area upgraded. Rebates pro-rated based on the total wall area % upgraded.
Homes Exempt from the R12 Minimum:
1. Pertains to homes where the wall cavity structure is less than 2×4, thus wall cavity is insufficient to allow for an R12 upgrade (double or triple brick homes)
2. Homeowner is responsible for ensuring that pictures are taken at time of contractor insulation work, when the wall is open to demonstrate that the wall structure is eligible for the R12 exemption. Before and after pictures are required.
3. Homeowner is responsible for ensuring that these photos are provided to the energy advisor during the final energy assessment. Failure to provide these pictures will disqualify the homeowner from this rebate.
Who can I contact about the home reno rebate program?
Home Reno Rebate Certified Energy Advisor for Windsor Region including Chatham & Sarnia
Andrew Macdonald – 519-916-4510, ext 1062
* You can also use your own home energy advisor as long as he/she is certified.