Yes. Renovations and upgrades that make your home more energy-efficient are:
Furnace/Boiler – $1,000
For replacing a
- 94% or less AFUE natural gas, propane, or oil furnace, or;
- 89% or less AFUE natural gas, propane, or oil boiler, or;
- 95% or higher AFUE condensing natural gas, propane, or oil furnace
- 90% or higher AFUE condensing natural gas, propane, or oil boiler
Note: The combi system qualifies as a boiler and is eligible for the rebate 3
Electrically heated homes are not eligible.
Wood Burning System – $375
For replacing a wood-burning system or appliance with one of the following:
- An indoor wood-burning appliance certified to either CAN/CSA-B415.1-M92 or the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 40 CFR Part 60 wood-burning appliance standard. Appliances exempt from EPA testing are not eligible unless they are B415.1-M92 certified.
- An indoor pellet-burning appliance (includes stoves, furnaces and boilers that burn wood, corn, grain or cherry pits).
- An indoor masonry heater.
For replacing a solid fuel-fired outdoor boiler with an outdoor wood-burning appliance certified to either CAN/CSA-B415.1 or United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Outdoor Wood-fired Hydronic Heater (OWHH Method 28) Program (Phase 1 and 2). The capacity of the new equipment must be equal to or smaller than the capacity of the boiler being replaced.
Water Heater – $500 1
- For replacing your water heater with 0.80 EF or higher tanked natural gas or propane water heater or;
- For replacing your water heater with 0.82 EF or higher tankless natural gas or propane water heater
Note: The combo system qualifies as a water heater and is eligible for the rebate 4.
Electric water heaters do not qualify for the rebate.
Window/Door/Skylight – $80 2
For each window, door or skylight replaced with ENERGY STAR-qualified model.
Customers who complete more than two measures also qualify for a $250 rebate for each additional measure installed- up to a maximum of $5,000 rebate!
(1) Maximum one water heater rebate per home.
(2) $80 rebate per rough opening. Bay window considered one rough opening.
(3,4) A combi or combo system CANNOT qualify for both the space heating boiler rebate and the domestic hot water rebate; it counts as one measure