Only customers participating in the Home Reno Rebate program are eligible for a $100 rebate towards the purchase of a Smart Thermostat once they have completed their post renovation assessment.
How to Apply:
- To apply for rebate customers must mail completed coupon, receipt of purchase and UPC code to:
- Union Gas limited, Smart Thermostat Campaign, 50 Keil Drive N., PO Box 2001, Chatham, ON N7M 5M1
Who qualifies for the rebate:
- This offer is only valid for Home Reno Rebate participants who have completed their post-renovation energy assessment. One rebate per address.
- This offer is available to Union Gas customers and Non-Union Gas customers residing within the Union Gas program area
Eligible Smart Thermostats:
- Nest – 2nd or 3rd generation
- Honeywell – Lyric Round Wi-Fi
- Ecobee – ecobee3
- Lennox- iComfort s30
Terms and conditions:
- All requested information must be submitted for a customer to receive the $100 rebate
- Smart Thermostats must be purchased after the pre-renovations assessment and application submitted to Union Gas within 60 days from the date of post-renovation assessment. Program start date is July 29, 2016.
- Smart thermostats will not be considered one of the eligible energy efficiency upgrades to qualify for the HRR offering, and will not contribute towards eligibility for the bonus rebate offer
- Please allow up to 120 days to receive your credit on your Union Gas bill. Non-Union Gas customers will receive a cheque via mail.
- This rebate is contingent on the availability of budget funding; Union Gas reserves the right to discontinue this initiative at any time.
- By taking part in this program, your central heating system may use less natural gas and produce fewer emissions. You agree Union Gas may record and claim ownership on any resulting emission reductions you have along with those of other participating customers.
- Union Gas is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail