To help keep Windsor families safe, Urban Heating is now offering a FREE Carbon Monoxide Detector with the purchase of a Furnace Check and Cleaning.
It’s an incentive Urban Heating hopes will encourage people to install at least one carbon monoxide detector in their home. It’s actually recommended that CO detectors be located on each floor of a home, especially outside sleeping areas.
Carbon Monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas which can cause brain damage, suffocation or death. The initial symptoms of low-level carbon monoxide poisoning include tiredness, headaches, nausea and shortness of breath. More information on CO poisoning can be found at the Canada Safety Council.
In Ontario, lawmakers recently passed legislation requiring all homes to have a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon Monoxide is the leading cause of fatal poisonings in North America.